Facilities & Equipment
U.S. Satellite Corporation (USSC), is a communications
providing uplink/downlink and turnaround feeds on both C Band
band geostationary domestic and international satellites.
We can provide video, audio, data (SCPC, MCPC, and VSAT) and other baseband services and we have the ability to connect to most of the local TV stations via terrestrial microwave or fiber links and we have access to the Utah State Educational EdNet System for Collegiate games. Vyvx (International and Domestic fiber optic video provider) ties are located on site. We have multi-pair copper cable directly connected to US West's central office for audio and data circuits as well as a large fiber capacity through multiple carriers via physically-diverse routes. Onsite origination capability provides maximum service and reliability for video program origination.
USSC's Intermountain Teleport is located in the geographic center of the Salt Lake Valley. We are located immediately adjacent to a major power substation, and are the first customer on the feed which provides extremely reliable power. A 400 Kw diesel generator with fast start option, and a 300 Kva UPS system are installed at the teleport for emergency power. The teleport is staffed 7x 24.
For your special needs, we have an engineering and support staff with broad experience that ranges includes Video, IP to RF, and beyond. (See the Specialized Services page.)
C-BAND UPLINK / DOWNLINK
- Three Scientific Atalanta 10 meter antennas, linear polarization (two are steerable.)
- Two Satcom Technologies 9.2 meter, four-port dishes. One has linear polarization and the other is a steerable (with tracking) Intelsat F-3 with Circular polarization (POR coverage.)
- Other large and small aperture antennas with various
- Multiple 3kW KPAs are available and can be configured to
practically any need.
Digital Video Capabilities
- We have the capability of uplinking industry-standard
carriers using NTSC or PAL for short-term (occasional)
Ku band such as special events or news gathering
C-band and longer-term digital feeds are available as well -
contact us for more information.
- If you have special requirements we can also providing uplinking via C or Ku with customer-supplied Encoders and Modulators. If this is required, please contact us as far in advance as practical to make the appropriate arrangements.
KU-BAND UPLINK / DOWNLINK
- Three 5.5 meter (2 steerable) and one steerable 5.6 meter Transmit/Receive antennas.
- One Satcom Technologies 5 meter steerable Ku/C band receive only antenna.
- Other large and small aperture antennas with various
- Multiple high-power TWTAs and SSPAs are available and can be configured to provide practically any need.
- While only NTSC format is available for tape playback and
recording, and for Analog Fiber interconnects, we can
uplink services for PAL, SECAM, and PAL-M formats provided
customer supplies a playback unit with analog video and
- Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance of your feed to verify that we will have the facilities available to accommodate your needs. Even if we cannot provide services directly, we will try to direct you to someone who can.
- For a map to help you in locating our facility, please click here.
- Twelve duplex microwave channels. for video conference.
- Most Microwave channels are stereo audio capable.
- Multi-pair cable and fiber optics (including dark fiber) connected directly to Qwest and other vendors with disparate, redundant paths.
- Capability for playback and record on Beta SP, 3/4" (U-Matic,) VHS, SVHS as well as DVD. Playback (only) is available for 3/4" SP and "non-SP" Beta while 8mm tape, Hi-8 and Digital-8, and DV-cam playback are also available upon advance request.
- Please inquire for information about other tape/video formats.
- Note: Only the above NTSC playback/recording formats are available using our in-house tape machines, but we can interface your playback unit to our uplink equipment even if it is PAL or SECAM.
OTHER DOWNLINK EQUIPMENT
- Over ten downlink antennas with multiple receivers.
- Ku band downlink system.
Satellites visible from USSC
The following AOR (Atlantic Ocean Region) Satellites:
- 40.5° W.
- 43° W.
- 45° W.
- 50° W.
- 53° W.
- 58° W - and the satellites west of this in the domestic arc, including all domestic U.S., Canadian and Mexican satellites.
The following POR (Pacific Ocean Region) Satellites:
- 177° W.
- 180° W.
If there are other satellites near or within the range bracketed by the above for which you need access, please contact us with your questions.
Because of USSC's unique geographical location, our satellite arc visibility extends down to at least 5 degrees elevation on both the east and west horizons: This allows satellite coverage well into Asia as well as Europe.
A partial list of satellites visible from USSC may be seen to the above.
Please note that this list is not all-inclusive, but it is meant to be representative of those satellites that have elevations of greater than 5 degrees. Not all of the satellites or orbital locations listed may have capability for U.S. up/downlinks.
Also, we may not currently have antennas available for all of the satellites in this list, so operations on some of these satellites may required the addition or modification of antennas.
Note that operation on some of these satellites may require additional authorization/clearance from the satellite operator.
USSC also has transborder authority and international clearance. If you have international/transborder requirements, please contact us for more details, as far in advance of the event as possible.
For further information, please feel free to contact us.
- You may send us email at
- You can call us at (801)-263-0519
- U.S. Satellite is located at:
935 West Bullion Street
Murray, UT 84123
U.S. Satellite Corporation does not actively market any products or services directly to the consumer. If you have ever received any solicitations for products or services by a company representing itself as "U.S. Satellite Corporation" please contact us immediately to inform us of such unauthorized use of our trademark.